Student believes experience will trump young talent in super bowl

The Chiefs face the Buccaneers on February 7th, at Hard Rock Stadium, in Miami, Florida.

The Chiefs’s explosive offense will be a problem for the Buccaneers and may be the deciding factor of the game. Tom Brady has been dominant in his 20th season and is seldom stopped. If the Chiefs want any chance to win their offense must continue their dominance from the regular season and playoffs. 

Chiefs:The Kansas City Chiefs are no strangers to the Super Bowl, having won it just last season. Led by MVP candidate Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, the Chiefs are loaded with explosive threats on offense. Players such as Tyreek Hill at wide receiver and tight end Travis Kelce help the high-octane offense put up an average 29.6 points per game. 

Also, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy is not afraid to take risks, and this has led to their 14-2 record. The Chiefs fended off the Browns in the divisional round after a concussion took Mahomes out in the fourth. 

This put the pressure on backup quarterback Chad Henne. On fourth and one the Chiefs elected to not only go for it but to have their backup quarterback throw it. He completed the pass to Hill and the rest is history. The Chiefs cruised past the Bills and are now in their franchise’s fourth superbowl.

Buccs: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers haven’t played on Super Sunday since 2002. But this year, unlike any other before, they have Tom Brady. At 43, Brady has been carrying momentum with a 40-touchdown regular season, bringing Tampa Bay to an 11-5 record in its second year under head coach Bruce Arians. 

The Buccaneers rolled through the playoffs beating Washington, New Orleans, and Green Bay, earning their ticket to Super Bowl LIV. If the Buccaneers want to win they will have to rely on their multitude of seasoned veterans such as Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Rob Gronkowski, and Leonard Fournette.

Personally, I believe that experience will reign supreme and the Buccaneers will be crowned Super Bowl Champions. The young talent of the Chiefs will give the veterans a run for their money, but I don’t think it will be enough.