The Student News Site of Mount Michael Benedictine High School

The Mount Online

New Articles Every Friday

The Mount Online

The Mount Online

Abelardo’s vs Taco Bell

Abelardo’s vs Taco Bell
Images courtesy of their official respective websites.

The argument to see who is the real king of Mexican fast food comes to an end today. Taco Bell, a world famous fast food chain versus Abelardo’s, a fairly local place but, as big of a name. The restaurants’ relative popularity doesn’t change the fact that one chain has better products than the other.

The menus vary in many ways. Abelardo’s offers more options than Taco Bell, but this doesn’t make the outcome different because of the opinions on what tastes better.

“I feel that Abelardo’s is the best place to go as it has better variety and better breakfast included in their menu,” said Jack Huber ‘23. 

The food industries are supported in many differnt places and their options keep expanding. They have their differences as the fast foods local and international chains are different in popularity. 

The effect of popularity doesn’t seem to affect some of the students as Taco Bell is much more popular than Abelardos. This doesn’t change the facts on how others feel about which one is better and what fast food chain has the better options. Some students around the school answered which one they liked better and they varied in many ways of which ones they liked better.

I asked Jake Goertz ’23 what chain is the most known around Omaha. “Taco Bell is very famous around the US, and a lot of people from Omaha favor Taco Bell because of this”,  The people in Omaha also support Abelardo’s as well, as it is a local Mexican fast food spot which offers a lot of options on the menu. The two places are both very good places to eat as they offer some really awesome options to choose from. “Abelardo’s is no doubt the best Mexican fast food chain as their cheese is the superior cheese”, Ben Harris ‘23.