The Tyrant of Fast-Food, Burger King, Undervalues Customers

The modern fast-food industry is corrupt. Shrink inflation and quality of sustenance has brought down the names of many legendary companies, the most infamous being Burger King (BK). In my youth, visiting the glorious kingdom of hamburgers and trans fats, excitement ran through my body for a Whopper or some steamy chicken fries. As a child, the brain is still developing, leading to the notion of eating crayons or Play-doh as yummy and tasty. As one grows old, the realization of how nasty and underwhelming Burger King really is dawns on them. Through one of my recent visits to this dying establishment, I have determined three things: the state of their breakfast items, the quality of their regular menu, and the glue that holds the establishment together.

In a recent drive with my father, he asked me if I would like to grab something to eat for breakfast. I complied, asking which location. My father said Burger King, and I laughed hysterically, thinking that he was joking. When I realized he wasn’t, I agreed to break my fast at the BK, unaware of their breakfast capabilities. I can strongly state that BK’s breakfast is suitable for fast food. While it does not compare to Ronald McDonald’s menu, The King does have some rule over fast food breakfast. Specifically, the menu has many options ranging from sweet to savory, all being solid in the morning hours. For BK, I am impressed.

In contrast to breakfast, their lunch and dinner items are disappointing. Every fast-food restaurant has a staple item. For example, McD’s Big Mac and Wendy’s Frosty are considered key menu items. BK’s staple item is the Whopper. Usually the face of a company should be inviting and comforting. When taking a bite of the Whopper, I reconsidered life choices. For being such a hyped-up item, the Whopper should be locked up in Burger Jail. Another important component of a fast food restaurant is the fries. Normally if one is not starving when they pull up to the drive-thru, they settle for some, as the British would say, chips, rather than a whole meal. Without a strong and delicious potato side, fast food industries are passed by. For the king of burgers, this company has neglectable fries. They are flimsy, inconsistent, and disappointing. When taking a bite, eaters are greeted with the taste of wet, unseasoned potato. For a fry, this is devastating news.

While I have been critiquing Burger King, there are some pros in the ocean of cons. To start, the one menu item that BK has not totally destroyed is their chicken fries. I like to compare the chicken fries to managing the baseball team. While you are stuck after school doing the team’s dirty work, you get to leave school early for away games. By going to the greasy establishment, the savory, crispy chicken fry is the reward. The only other distinguishing factor that BK has over the fast food industry is the ads. Advertisement is very important for the growth of a company. While Burger King has disappointing food overall, their advertisement team absolutely carries the popularity. Before the fall season of 2022, I disregarded BK as an option for a quick meal, but with the resurgence of the Whopper Jingle, it dragged me to the drive-thru window to see what the hype was all about. While music can’t drown the nasty taste of an excuse for a burger, it does bring unaware customers to the parking lot.

There is a lot to unfold on the Burger King iceberg. We can firmly conclude that while the breakfast is safe, the chicken fries are other worldly, and the ads are fantastic, one cannot live off of these things alone. I affirm that Burger King should not be profiting as a fast food restaurant.