The Student News Site of Mount Michael Benedictine High School

The Mount Online

New Articles Every Friday

The Mount Online

The Mount Online

The Worst Franken-athlete of All Time

Head: Noah Seward ‘24: According to Noah Seward, he has acquired six concussions over his lifetime 

Spine: Austin Danahay ‘24: One of the kings of injuries, Austin Danahay has had quite the collection of injuries, and his latest added to the list was a twisted vertebrae acquired during football.

Ankles: Andrew Tselentis ‘24, Thaden Wewel ‘24: Thaden broke his ankle during a baseball game by running into Drew Becker. His cute little ankle scooter was quite the sight to see. Mr. Tselentis suffered a similar fate against Omaha Westview as he tripped on Burke’s field during a football game.  

Knees: Ashton Schroeder ‘24: Ashton’s poorly-constructed knees have hindered him from the field many times, and it’s pretty rare to see him without some sort of brace.

Toes: Andrew Gates ‘24: Gates claims he is the toe-stubbin’ king, as he consistently stubs his toes on rocks, trees, roots, and boat docks, as well as when getting wedgied.

Foot: Luke Bittner ‘26: Luke Bittner has been walkin’ around in a big ole’ boot after injuring it against Waverly. 

Non-implacable: Grant Barna ‘26: Grant Barna has acquired a plethora of injuries, especially during the football season. 

Hip flexers- Connor McLain ‘24: Mr. McLain explains that he has had a lot of “wear and tear” in the hip area. Although the injury has never officially been diagnosed, he claims it is most likely because of his “high-intensity workouts” that include an abundance of calf raises, IWTs, and forearm rollups.

Right arm: Brady Quinlivan ‘26: It was just another day on the dodgeball court for Mr. Quinlivan, but unfortunately, it would be his last for a while. Somehow, he threw the ball so hard, that his arm came out of its socket.

Left arm: Joseph Ramaekers ‘27: Joseph broke his arm falling off the steep slopes of the Colorado mountains whilst skiing.

Face: Ms. Nolan: Ms. Nolan’s favorite hobby of riding horses was not so enjoyable one day as she broke her face after the horse bucked her off.

Teeth: Mr. Elster: When Mr. Elster was 7 years old, he broke his tooth and had to get implants.