The Mount’s Movie Lookalikes: A Striking Parallel From Screen to School

Movie Characters at The Mount

Abbot Michael (Charles Muntz): Charles Muntz, from Disney’s “UP”, is the first name that comes to mind when it comes to the most notorious aviation specialists. Abbot Michael compares to Muntz in numerous ways, including a knack for inspiring youth. While Muntz specializes in aviation, Abbot Michael is notorious for the assistance that he has provided to NASA over the years. It is safe to say that they both have an incredible amount of knowledge over aviation and space.

Mr. Beau (Dexter): Mr. Beau is a very wise teacher and compares to Dexter because he would thrive in the laboratory. Mr. Beau has knowledge of many things including investing and government. Along with his lab-like knowledge, Mr. Beau, just like Dexter, makes his own potions: V8 Energy. He drinks these energy drinks before he logs into Robinhood to manage his stock market portfolio. He will be a millionaire by the age of 60 due to his aggressive investing habits, just as Dexter’s future is bright due to his knowledge in the lab.

Mr. Elster (Sportacus): Due to his enthusiasm in the classroom, and his energetic teaching style, Mr. Elster compares to Sportacus. Sportacus can be seen jumping over retaining walls and defending LazyTown against Robbie Rotten. Sportacus is big on eating vegetables and eating well, just as Mr. Elster advises us to brush our teeth and to eat our veggies. 

Mr. Washburn (Paris): Due to Mr. Washburn’s iconic beard and glasses, he most directly compares to Paris from “Gnomeo and Juliet”. Mr. Washburn can oftentimes be found wandering the halls with his coffee mug and a grin on his face, just as Paris held a grin from ear to ear during the film. 

Mr. Cormier(Kingpin): With one of the strongest voices in Mount Michael history, Mr. Cormier compares to that of Kingpin from Spiderman: into the Spiderverse. In the Spiderverse, Kingpin is at the height of authority and influence. Mr. Cormiers booming voice and influence at Mount Michael is like no other. Mr. Cormier’s ability to influence and guide troublemakers has been effective over the years, due to his ability to reason with students and get them back on track to good behavior. Kingpin has a ZERO malarky policy, and will not accept anything but the most respect in the Spiderverse.