Big Ballin: Mount Michael Staff Take the Court

PG: There is no doubt that the PG position goes to Dr. Peters. Dr. Peters leads a good school like Mount Michael, which means he can facilitate the offense and lead the team to victory.

SG: At shooting guard, we have Derrick Spooner. He has plenty of experience shooting the ball as a former head basketball coach. Along with coaching experience, Spooner played collegiate basketball as well. Though he skips leg day, he will still use his height and athleticism to get shots off over opposing players.

SF: The small forward spot goes to Mr. Patrick Mohs. Mohs is a versatile big man who can shoot the ball as well as act as a post-up big. Using his background in CrossFit, Mohs is a freak athlete who will play way above the rim and baptize opponents. With his large frame, Mohs will easily be able to get to the rim, grab rebounds, and shoot over defenders.  

PF: In the power forward position, there is John “The Diesel” Von Dollen. Although he lacks skill, Vondollen is a huge threat in the painted area.  For opponents, Vondollen poses a huge lob threat, as he can get up and play above the rim when needed. Using his immense strength and size, he will grab many rebounds and use brute force to overpower opponents to get to the rim. Some would compare his style of play to that of Shaquille O’Neal. 

C: The center position goes to Mr. Dave Cormier. Cormier has a long history as the dean of students. In that time he asserted his dominance and punished those who opposed him. He will do the same on the court where he will dominate the interior by snagging boards and protecting the rim. He plans on breaking backboards just as he broke kids’ will when they misbehaved.

PG2: At this point, we have Mr. Randy Crnkovich. Mr. Crnkovich is extremely vocal on the court. He will talk an ample amount of trash to get into the other team’s head. He will also use his communication skills to facilitate the offense.

SG2: The other shooting guard spot goes to Mr. Michael Smith. Using his skill as a geometry teacher, he will be able to calculate the perfect angle to shoot the basketball. This allows him to shoot lights out and makes him a viable option in clutch time. Some would compare him to Vinnie Johnson “The Microwave” because he heats up whenever the team needs him. 

SF2: For the other small forward, we have Mr. Williams. Mr. Williams is not your typical small forward. Even though he acts as a post-up big when needed, he is more of a spot-up shooter than anything. Mr. Williams will be able to utilize his background in physics to shoot lights out from beyond the arc. He can stretch the floor with his ability to shoot the basketball, creating opportunities for his teammates. 

PF2: At the other power forward, there is Mr. Roshone. Mr. Roshone is a tough player on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Roshone’s large frame will allow him to dominate the painted area. His style of play is similar to that of Ben Wallace. Like Wallace, Roshone will play tenacious defense, sending shots back and intimidating opposing players.

C2: At the other center, we have Coach Beyer. Beyer played college football at the highest level as a fullback and linebacker. He squatted 600lb and benched 400lb. Similar to Rick Mahorn, Beyer is a brick wall and will set hard screens laying out opposing players. Though he is on the shorter end for a center, he will use his immense strength and athleticism to shut down opposing bigs and get boards. When Beyer is in the game, we will utilize him to pound the ball inside and bully our opponents. Beyer is known for his witty one-liners, and he is very vocal on the court. He will chirp opponents throughout the game getting into their heads. 

Head Coach: Mr. Beau will act as the head coach. With his prior experience as a Freshman basketball coach, he proves to be a good choice for this position. Some compare his coaching ability to that of Phil Jackson.