The Student News Site of Mount Michael Benedictine High School

The Mount Online

New Articles Every Friday

The Mount Online

The Mount Online

Top 5 Halloween Candies: This Will Definitely Come in Candy

HM: Candy Corn: Candy corn didn’t make the list because it is really not a trick-or-treating candy, despite it being made for the Halloween season. It is not considered a trick-or-treating candy because it is not wrapped. It has a unique flavor that you don’t taste very often.

5. Starburst- Coming in at number 5 is the Starburst. The Starburst is the only candy on this list that doesn’t have any chocolate. The flavor of a Starburst is just so strong it couldn’t be left out of this list. The Starburst is one of the only candies I am never trading after trick-or-treating. Fun fact: this is one of Br. August’s favorite candies.

4. Kit Kat- The Kit Kat is just a solid option that leaves a savoring flavor in your mouth. The Kit Kat has a crunch that just cannot be beat by any other candy. But, I could not put the Kit Kat too high on this list due to it just simply being outplayed by the other chocolates. Outside of the great crunch it is a pretty normal candy.

3. Twix- The Twix is a Kit Kat on a higher level because it has what the Kit Kat is missing. The carmel adds the flavor that is left out of the Kit Kat. Once again the crunch can’t be beat. There is only one thing the Twix is missing, and it is some sort of nut. Side note: with the Twix everyone always wants to know Right or Left, and it is quite obvious that the Right Twix is much better than the Left Twix.

2. Snickers- Some might be surprised to see Snickers this high, but it is truly the most underrated candy. When people think of the best Halloween candy they would usually put the Twix in front, but not me. The way they can combine chewy and sweet is unmatched. Biting into a Snickers is a great feeling. The savory flavor comes from the crunchy peanuts and delicious caramel.

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup- The best Halloween candy that we can all agree on is the Reese’s, unless you have a peanut allergy. The flavor of a Reese’s is extremely hard for me to describe; it is easily the unanimous best Halloween candy. A lot of candies have similar tastes, but the Reese’s truly sets itself apart. The flavor that sets it apart is the unique peanut butter flavor in the middle. That flavor sets the Reese’s apart from the other candies on the list.