Weekday Rank: Which Day Will Reign Supreme?

7. Tuesday- Tuesday is and forever will be the worst day of the week. Tuesday has that feeling where you get past your long insufferable Monday and think you only have a few days of the week left, just to figure out that it is only Tuesday. If you think about it, has anything good ever happened on a Tuesday? I didn’t think so. How could a day be so cruel, seeming so close to the end of the week but only the second day.

6. Sunday- Easter Sunday, Sabbath Day, Superbowl Sunday, part of the weekend, are all things that make Sunday good; However, the cons greatly outweigh the pros. Probably one of the worst experiences that a human can possibly go through is spacing off everything school related for the whole weekend until you remember on Sunday around 8pm that you have multiple assignments due the next morning. Furthermore, Sunday nights are the biggest killer to the weekend vibe, bringing all students into the saddening sense of reality. 

5. Monday- Yes, you are seeing this right; Monday is better than Sunday despite Sunday’s weekend attributes. In my eyes, Monday sets the precedent for the whole week and having a bad Monday leads to a bad week and vice versa. Monday almost has to be viewed as a good day or else you are already setting a negative mindset for the week. Of course, no one likes the feeling of going back to school/work from the weekend, but if everyone starts bringing positive energy into Monday mornings, not only Monday but the rest of the week is set to be good.

4. Wednesday- Wednesday is the perfect definition of mid. Not only is it the middle of the week, Wednesday shares a similar trait with Tuesday: Has anything important ever happened on a Wednesday? Apart from Ash Wednesday, most likely no one has ever said “ Yes, it’s Wednesday.” The only reason Wednesday is so high on the list is because it’s closer to the end of the week, unlike the rest of the days previously ranked. 

3. Thursday- Entering the top 3, Thursday has to be the most underrated day of the week. Thursday marks the nearing of the end of the week, raising the hopes of billions of people who may have had a bad week, wanting to get to the weekend. Thursday is another one of those days like Monday where you have to try and make it as good as you possibly can. The two opposing views that people have after school/work are “Good, only one more day left” or “Ugh, still one more day”. It is also very important to get good sleep on Thursday night, preparing yourself for a very promising Friday.

2. Saturday- TRIGGER WARNING!! This may be controversial. There are plenty of good aspects that Saturday brings like being the first full day of the weekend, usually resulting in a hangout consisting of “the boys” and others, and the fact that you can go to bed whenever you please knowing that you do not have to go to school in the morning. But, it cannot be the best day of the week for one very important reason: the vibes just don’t match #1. No matter what anyone says, I am and will forever be a firm believer that Saturday will never be as good as Friday.

1. Friday- Finally, the perfect day. Friday brings so much to the table, warming the hearts of both kids and adults across the world. From getting out of your last class of the week to finishing your last meeting, the feeling of finally freeing oneself from the clutches of education and employment are like no other. To add on to Friday’s impressive resume, important events like Black Friday, Good Friday, fish frys, Friday night lights, and many more contribute to the overall greatness of the day. Again, the space between Friday and Saturday is close, and there are some valid points to why Saturday may be better. One thing that people like to talk about is how you have to go to school/work on Friday but not Saturday. But, I like to think that Friday is not like the other days of the week. Pretty much everyone can agree, the level of happiness you have during the day on Friday is typically much higher than any other day of the week. Even school seems to be fun when everyone has the excitement that the nearing of the weekend brings us. Fridays bring the perfect combination of good vibes in school, being able to do whatever in the evening, and not having to worry about the next warning. Now seeing some of, and definitely not all of, the impressive qualities Friday has, I don’t know how someone could argue that any day of the week is better than Friday.