The McTaggart Mentality

Sauce Superiority

Everyone on this planet has biases and some people are just childish. Something I find childish is the obsession with a childish condiment. That condiment is ketchup. Why do I say these harsh things? I say these things because they are true. Why do people have an unnecessary attraction to ketchup? Why can’t people develop their palates and learn to like condiments like mustard or mayonnaise? These are some questions every time I see a ketchup packet in my cafeteria.  

Some people might say “Ketchup has multiple purposes.” A main flaw of ketchup is that it has no variety, unlike the superior condiment of mustard. Mustard has multi-purpose aspects, and it has variety as well. Mustard can be put with baked beans, green veggies, sandwiches, burgers, and hotdogs. A variety of mustard includes a Dijon mustard, a honey mustard, or a hot mustard. Another flaw that ketchup has is its overabundance of sugar. Some people might say “There is a reduced sugar version.” I find that completely idiotic because regular yellow mustard has almost none and some people still refuse to eat it. I want more recognition for what mustard does. I want people to stop overlooking it as an inferior condiment to this red goo. I want more people to get out of their comfort zone and try something that is under-appreciated. People need to stop being babies about consuming mustard. As my late cousin once said, “Ketchup is a no go, so go and try some yellow.”